What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
EDP Europe's website uses the following cookies:
|Cookie||Cookie Name||What it does|
|Session / User Login||
(Where xxxxxxxx is replaced with a alpha/numeric string)
|Is a default cookie required by Drupal. If you sign up to the EDP Europe website your login will be recorded to this cookie as well. This is harmless and remembers that you are logged into www.edpeurope.com.|
|Social Sharing||__atuvc||The ‘Add This’ cookie is used to enable the social sharing capabilities on the site.|
|EDP History||edp_history||This cookie is used by the site to remember the last products viewed and provide you with suggestions of other related products that might be of interest to you.|
__utma = Unique visitor – written to your computer on first visit to our site.
__utmb = Session Tracking – used to establish and continue a user session.
__utmc = Session Tracking – operates with __utmb to determine whether or not to establish a new session.
__utmv = Custom Value – used to store custom values.
__utmz = Traffic Sources – stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach our site.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you receive a marketing e-mail from us look for the unsubscribe link, this will remove you from the mailing list.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to EDP Europe Limited, 43 Redhills Road, South Woodham Ferrers, Essex CM3 5UL. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.