What is MID Approved Power Metering?
Measuring Instrument Directive (MID) is a new EU legislation due to be introduced from October 2016, that will stipulate that all meters supplied and installed for private billing must be MID certified. EDP Europe’s MID approved power metering system enables data centre hosting operatives to comply with this new legislation.
How Does The System Work?
- A 1U rack mounted metering unit for either single or dual supplies connects inline between the supply and any PDU.
- Each feed has a MID approved power meter that captures the usage data and is networked back to a central data collection point.
- Dual point monitoring enables the captured data to be made available to both in-house DCIM systems and sent to a cloud based monitoring and reporting platform, which can be accessed via both hosts and their clients.
- The Pay per Hour Power cloud based software package provides access to real time measurements of kW hours, power factor efficiency and all important active and reactive power differential that shows how efficient your equipment is; clients can log in and see their hour by hour power usage and choose to monitor and manage their own consumption to minimise costs.
- Bills are produced for the precise amount of electricity consumed and are automatically generated by the software.
- Pay per Hour Power provides a clear advantage over your competitors – precise energy billing, identification of power saving opportunities for clients and thus savings on overall running costs and maximum profits all round.
- Affordable solution – there’s no up-front costs for the software, you simply pay a fee for data hosting, website access and maintenance based on the number of meters requiring monitoring.
- The software can be accessed from any PC, Tablet or Smart Phone with an internet connection, with apps available for iOS and Android devices.
- Ability to integrate other 3rd party networkable MID approved Energy meters.
Pay per Hour Power Cloud Software
Pay per Hour Power is a Cloud based energy management software package that works with 3rd party MID approved energy meters. Users are able to access their account via PC, Tablet or Smart Phone that has an internet connection. Additional apps are available for iOS and Android devices.
The collected data enables clients to monitor their hour by hour power usage, identify power saving opportunities and choose to monitor and manage their own energy consumption to minimise costs.
Bills are produced for the precise amount of electricity consumed and are automatically generated by the software. Billing templates can be easily tailored to suit the host’s requirements with easy insertion of a header or footer. The billing platform also provides useful information including: Daily minimum / maximum consumption and a comparison between the current and previous billing periods. Multi-tariff rates can also be easily configured through the billing portal and information can be shared with almost any third party accounting software.
The software package is affordable as being Cloud based there are no up-front charges for the software. You simply pay a small annual fee for data hosting, website access and maintenance based on the number of meters you require to monitor.