Raritan Dominion SXII
Secure Console Server – Serial Switch
The Dominion SXII serial console server switch builds on the technology of its predecessor to deliver the ultimate in performance, reliability, security, manageability and productivity. The Dominion SXII is now Java-free enabling and can access, monitor and control a wide range of serial devices – networking switches / routers / firewalls, servers, PDUs, telecommunications equipment and virtually any devices with a serial port. The Dominion SXII can be managed in multiple ways: Complete CLI access and control via SSH, Telnet and GUI, web browser access via new HTML Serial Client (HSC) and Raritan CommandCenter, as well as direct port access methods via SSH, Telnet and HTTP. Emergency access is possible via optional built-in telephone modem or external cellular 3G/4G modem.
As well as now being Java-free the other improvements offered by the Dominion SXII includes:
- Military grade security features (256-bit AES and FIPS 140-2 certified encryption).
- Full CLI-Based configuration and auto-configuration.
- Automatic DTE/DCE serial port detection.
- Innovative at-the-rack access options including traditional RJ45 serial port, Mini-USB port for laptop connection or DVI & USB-based KVM console drawer connection.
- Cellular modem support.
- IPv6 networking.
- Two script based auto-configuration methods.
The Raritan Dominion SXII provides a powerful hardware platform for high performance serial access offering: a 1GHz CPU engine with an 8-fold increase in RAM, flash memory up to 8Gb for storage and logging, dual power supplies and gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with auto failover and up to 48 ports with support for 10 connections per port. The SXII is available in a model range that provides 4, 8, 16, 32 and 48 ports in a 1U secure appliance with optional telephone modem versions also available. 8, 32 and 48 port models are also available in DC powered versions.