The TZ rack security system offers various types electronic locks including the TZ SlideHandle™ and TZ Radial™. TZ electronic locks provide intelligent locking utilising a high load Shape Memory Alloy actuated locking mechanism. These advanced electronic locks have the added benefit of not producing an electro-magnetic field, making them safer to use in the data centre environment.
TZ Electronic Locks
Electronic Locks for the TZ Rack Security System
The TZ rack security system offers various types of electronic locks that can be used with their TZ Centurion™ or TZ Praetorian™ rack security systems. TZ electronic locks provide intelligent locking utilising a high load Shape Memory Alloy actuated locking mechanism. These advanced electronic locks have the added benefit of not producing an electro-magnetic field, making them safer to use in the data centre environment. Another benefit of the electronic locks not using electro-magnetics is that in the event of a power failure the cabinets will remain locked.
TZ SlideHandle™ Electronic Lock
The TZ SlideHandle™ is an intelligent electronic locking device that offers drop-in replacement for legacy manual data centre cabinet handles. On top of the Shape Memory Alloy locking mechanism the SlideHandle™ offers:
- Simple surface mount installation on the outside of cabinet doors, which fits most cabinet brands with mounting hardware suitable for industry standard 25mm wide handle openings.
- Touch to release function.
- A multi-colour LED status indicator showing if the door is locked, unlocked or open.
- Manual key override.
- Integrated electronics and sensors that report true door status, including manual override and forced entry which provides complete audit trail.
Power and control of the SlideHandle™ electronic lock is provided by the TZ Centurion™ Bridge or the Praetorian™ Junction.
TZ PushLock™ Electronic Lock
The TZ PushLock™ electronic lock utilises the TZ SlideHandle™ technology but offers an easy installation as a secondary electronic lock to cabinets or frames where it is not acceptable to modify the door, or replace the existing locking or latching mechanisms for example 19” racks with compression locks. The TZ PushLock™ electronic lock comprises of a two part mechanism: a sliding ‘push’ stud that mounts to the exterior of the door and a Radial locking part that mounts to the top horizontal surface of the cabinet. The TZ PushLock™ offers:
- Electronic locking to cabinets where previously it has not been possible.
- Complies with TIA/EIA requirements.
- Defaults to locked when power is removed and incorporates a manual key release.
TZ SwingHandle™ Electronic Lock
TZ SwingHandle™ is a new innovative electronic locking handle for data centre cabinets. TZ SwingHandle™ is available in three models:
- TZ SwingHandle™ TZ Ready – Provides a flexible path for rack manufacturers to provide an upgrade to electronic locking from a manual swing handle lock. TZ ready is simple to upgrade in-situ via an electronic upgrade module.
- TZ SwingHandle™ CombiLock™ – The CombiLock™ provides an upgrade to TZ electronic locking with manual locking provided by a combination lock.
- TZ SwingHandle™ TZ Enabled – TZ Enabled is a ready to use swing handle that provides the same features as the TZ SlideHandle™, with multi-colour visual door status indicator, SMA actuator and emergency key override.
TZ Radial™ Electronic Lock
The TZ Radial™ electronic lock is a compact, lightweight, high-load locking device that uses an eight jaw locking mechanism to capture and hold an inserted mating stud, using the same Shape Memory Alloy mechanism. The locking device can be operated via a range of triggers including internal sensor, push button, contact closure or RS-485 serial communications network command. Other features possessed by the TZ Radial™ electronic lock include:
- Vibration proof, multi-jaw, high load locking.
- Multiple mounting options making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Unique push to release function with time-out default to lock option for improved security.
- Releasable under pre-loads of up to 70N enables spring loaded release.
- Integrated manual release override.
- Embedded intelligence enables networking, switching and the ability to control other devices and connect with smart objects such as sensors.