Precision Coupled Visual Fault Locator
The OWL PCVFL is a VFL tester that identifies faults in Single Mode or Multi Mode fibre installations. This light-weight VFL tester uses a high-intensity visible red laser beam precision coupled into an optical fibre. Any breaks and micro-bends within the fibre are detected by the red light being deflected into the fibre jacket, producing a red glow at the point of the fault.
The OWL Visual Fault Locator can also be used as an end-to-end visual fibre identifier which helps locate fibres that are installed and terminated in poorly labelled or unlabelled fibre patch panels.
Easy to operate – The OWL VFL tester uses a single switch to operate the unit enabling the unit to be switched between off, CW (continuous wave) and Pulsed modes.
Powered by a 9v battery the OWL PCVFL offers typical battery life in CW mode of 15 hours and 120 hours in Pulsed mode. The unit is supplied as standard with ST connectors but other connector options are available.
The OWL Precision Coupled VFL Tester provides:
- High-intensity visible laser allows for visible fault location of breaks and micro-bends in both Single Mode and Multi Mode fibres.
- Both Continuous Wave mode and Pulsed mode allow for easy fibre identification.
- Standard ST connector (other connector options may be available).
- Simple single-switch operation to select between off, CW and Pulse modes.
- 9v Battery with typical battery life of 15 hours in CW mode and 120 hours in Pulsed mode.
- Low-battery indicator.
- Handheld and lightweight.
** WARNING **
Extreme caution must be exercised when operating the OWL PCVFL. Lasers such as the ones in the PCVFL tester produce intense beams of laser light that are harmful to the eye.
TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY: NEVER LOOK INTO A LIGHT SOURCE OR THE END OF A FIBRE THAT MAY BE ENERGISED BY A SOURCE! Exposure to such energy can cause serious retina damage, and prolonged exposure can cause blindness.