EF Multi Mode Test Adapter Kit adds full standards compliant fibre certification
The WireXpert EF Multi Mode test adapter kit is a new generation of fibre adapters that adds full standards-compliant fibre certification to the WireXpert 4500 network cable certifier.
Certification of Multi Mode fibre cables has been a contentious issue, mainly due to the inherent uncertainties in the measurement process. Both ISO/IEC and TIA have recently adopted an Encircled Flux (EF) standard which standardises the launch condition for the light sources used in Multi Mode test equipment. The WireXpert EF Multi Mode test adapter kit are guaranteed to give you compliance to the EF standard IEC 61280-4-1.
The WireXpert EF Multi Mode test adapter kit offers:
- Compliant Multi Mode fibre testing to IEC 61280-4-1 EF standards and IEC 14763-3.
- The ability for the WireXpert 4500 to test all types of networks including copper, Single Mode, Multi Mode and MPO/MTP® installations.
- Improve productivity of technicians with easy setting and testing.
- Easy pictorial work-flow makes it easy to avoid human errors in testing.
- Provides validation to different modal behaviours of various fibre optic manufacturers.
- Interchangeable robust SC, LC and ST adapters.
- Provides troubleshooting with built-in Visual Fault Locator (VFL).
- Improved repeatability of measurements.
- Reduced insertion loss variation between laboratory and field instruments.