Fast and Accurate MPO / MTP Test Adapter Kit for Cable Testing
Using the WireXpert 4500 network cable certifier in conjunction with the MPO / MTP test adapter kit enables fast and accurate testing of MPO / MTP cabling and components. A typical configuration would consist of the WireXpert Local unit setup with the MPO / MTP Power Meter adapter with the Remote unit fitted with the MPO / MTP Light Source adapter. Alternatively, a Multi Mode test adapter can be attached to the WireXpert Local unit for testing individual fibres within MTO / MTP links. This solution provides fast and accurate measurement of MPO / MTP link loss and testing against user configured limits.
The MPO / MTP test adapter kit helps perform incoming inspection of MPO / MTP components such as trunk cables, fan-out cables and cassettes. A key feature of this solution is a 5 second autotest that detects the fibre connection map and the measurement of loss on each fibre.
The WireXpert MPO / MTP test adapter kit enables:
- Tests MPO / MTP using the WireXpert WX4500 network cable certifier enabling easy troubleshooting of connection problems.
- MPO / MTP Autotest in less than 5 seconds.
- Reporting is integrated in eXport software together with standard single fibre and copper test results.
- Tests MPO / MTP-to-SC/LC links for end-to-end loss measurement on individual fibres.
- Tests connectivity from MPO / MTP to individual fibres.
- Allows configuring the number of active fibres in MPO / MTP, making it possible to test custom links, including 8 fibre links.
- Automatically identifies connection type as type A, B, C or customised.
- Allows reference settings with any connection type.
- Displays absolute power level and loss on each fibre.