FiberXpert OTDR 5000 Fibre Cable Tester and Certifier
With its high resolution the FiberXpert OTDR 5000 cable tester has the ability to measure very short fibre links and can be used to test both Multi Mode and Single Mode fibres. With its automatic analysis features these measurement tasks are greatly simplified and OTDR testing made easier.
The FiberXpert OTDR 5000 cable tester offers additional measurement functions such as attenuation measurement and an optical power meter provides an accurate measurement of the total link loss and the output power of active equipment such as switches.
The FiberXpert OTDR 5000 offers:
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) for 850/1300nm Multi Mode or combined for 850/1300nm Multi Mode and 1310/1550nm Single Mode.
- Standards compliant Tier 2 measurement of fibre optic cabling.
- Automatic Pass/Fail analysis of the test results according to the limits specified by TIA/IEC.
- Display of the OTDR trace in a graphical format for a length-dependent analysis of all events for reflection and attenuation.
- All fibre link events and analysis listed in a table of results.
- Automatic macro-bend detection.
- Built-in optical loss test set.
- Optional fibre inspection probe.
- Large colour LCD touchscreen.
- Generation of professional reports with the central eXport evaluation software.
General (Typical @ 25°C)
Weight: 0.4kg (0.88lb)
Dimensions (w x h x d): 128mm x 134mm x 40mm (5”x5.28”x1.58”)
Interchangeable optical connectors: FC, SC, DIN, and ST
Laser safety class (21 CFR): Class M1
Distance units: Kilometres, feet, and miles
Group index range: 1.300000 to 1.700000 in 0.00001 steps
Number of data points: Up to 128,000 data points
Distance measurement: Automatic or dual cursor
Display range: 3.25m to 260km
Cursor resolution: 1cm
Sampling resolution: 4cm
Accuracy: ± 1m ± 10 -5 x distance, ± sampling resolution, (Excluding group index uncertainties)
Automatic, manual, 2-point, 5-point, and LSA
Display range: 1.25dB to 55dB
Display resolution: 0.001dB
Cursor resolution: 0.001dB
Threshold: 0.01 to 5.99dB in 0.01dB steps
Reflectance / ORL Measurements
Reflectance accuracy: ±2dB
Display resolution: 0.01dB
Threshold: −11 to −99dB in 1dB steps
CW Source output power level: −3.5dBm
Operating modes: CW, 270Hz, 330Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, TWINTest
Power level range: MM: −3 to −30dBm, SM: −2 to −50dBm
Calibrated wavelengths: MM: 850nm and 1300nm, SM: 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, 1625nm, and 1650nm
Measurement accuracy: MM1: ±1dB (At -15dBm), SM: ±0.5dB (At -30dBm)
Multi Mode and Quad OTDR Modules (Typical @ 25°C)
Central wavelength2: 850/1300 ±30nm, 1310/1550 ±20nm
Pulse width: 3ns to 1μs, 3ns to μs
RMS dynamic range3: 26/24dB, 37/35dB
Event dead zone4: 0.8m, 0.9m
Attenuation dead zone5: 4m, 4m
1Using a mode conditioner.
2Laser at 25°C.
3The one-way difference between the extrapolated backscattering level at the start of the fibre and the RMS noise level after 3 minutes averaging.
4Measured at ±1.5dB down from the peak of an unsaturated reflective event.
5Measured at ±0.5dB from the linear regression using an F/UPC-type reflectance.